Your health is important to you – without your health, you have nothing. No amount of time, money, gifts or treats can be enjoyed without good health. But super food smoothie recipes can change all that.
If you are deficient in nutrient health, you might find chronic illness is a debilitating fact of ageing – or is it?
According to Health researcher Phillip Day, chronic illnesses are not self-limiting. That is to say, chronic illness generally gets worse without the right intervention until before you know it you are suffering from a multitude of ailments and taking regular visits to the doctor.
But there is another way.
Few of us ever consider the important role food plays in our health. Food is supposed to do more than stop hunger – it is supposed to nourish, heal and maintain our bodies in good health.
As reported by the Sydney Morning Herald in 2009: “Not all foods were created equal – some are so packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, essential fatty acids and other beneficial substances that they’ve been deemed “superfoods”.”
Have you ever heard of the superfoods? Do you know what they are? Why should we care even?
Superfoods are foods that offer big health benefits. Their super nutritional dose is thought to help protect against many chronic and age-related illnesses such as cancer and heart disease. Other benefits include lowering cholesterol, protecting the body from toxins and improving digestive health.
It is even touted that superfoods can help you live longer in better health.
10 Superfoods you should include in your diet:
1. Acai – consuming the juice of this fruit can dramatically increase your intake of free radical fighting anti-oxidants.
2. Avocado – Their healthy fat keeps you satisfied and helps you absorb other nutrients.
3. Blueberries – It is thought that these little blue berries can improve your memory. Blueberries can protect your brain from inflammation and boost communication between brain cells.
4. Brocoli sprouts – much more potent than broccoli which itself is a superfood, these sprouts have 10 times more of the cancer-preventing compounds than regular broccoli and to top it off, it is easier to eat bigger quantities of sprouts than broccoli head.
5. Brown rice – is a key source of magnesium, a vital mineral used in your body for more than 300 chemical reactions (such as building bones and converting food to energy). It also helps to alleviate aches.